Author: Viraj Chhajed
Written on: 7th July 2021
We got our first paid customer! I was very happy woohoo! and as part of building in public, I shared it everywhere!
I posted it in almost 5 subreddits, Indie hackers, Twitter and Product hunt etc.
And within no time I was #2 trending on Indie hackers!
Well product hunt didn't go that well, I barely even got noticed there
We were really trending on Reddit:
After some time we were trending in 4 subreddits!
Someone even gave me a hugz award!
I also got almost 30k impressions on Twitter for a single tweet!
So why did we trend?
- Because it was a genuine small win that I wanted to celebrate with my community! And people supported this!
- I was building in public so I have been sharing all valuable updates and insights with people!
- I was very helpful and active on all these sites. I gave around ~100+ replies that! I helped a lot of people!
- I was very fast. My average response time was ~2 minutes. ( No wonder my screen time that day was ~13 hrs! )
- My post was really engaging and short. It may feel like it's very simple but I had spent a lot of time on copywriting!
- Bonus tip: It was an AMA! People love AMAs!
The best part:
It wasn't even a promotion! I just dropped a very little link to Basch and people clicked it out of curiosity!
It was really cool feeling because at any point in time the active users on-site were ~6
people were usually very supportive and found this very helpful!